Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Hero

Wei doesn't say it in so many words but I think he feels inferior to my breasts. They almost always seem to calm Bud down.

I don't think it's so much the fact that nothing he does is ever good enough but more like he doesn't feel that he's helped much, if at all, in trying situations.

Last night Bud became upset at the breast. He's never been that way before and cried so hard. We didn't know what else to do. Any attempt of distraction inevitably returned to my offer of the breast which I've relied so heavily on as an effective soothing technique.

Yet Wei offered to take Bud and bob him -- the way he knew how. Even though he was tired, feeling under the weather with Bud crying into his good ear, Wei persevered and held on to the hapless bub until he settled down and finally fell asleep.... for 6 beautiful hours.

To me, the attempt to tackle an issue even though the means may not guarantee the intended result is true grit. Wei is such a great parenting partner who is ever ready to jump in and help --and I am ever thankful.

In the meantime, I am just a mama cow and I have much to learn about the art of the rock and roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails