Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010!

We wanted a nice quiet dinner this New Year's Eve. It will be home-cooked, no doubt, and we were going for Asian (enough of the turkey, pork, beef...).

Then Wei sent an sms: we were invited over to MIL's for dinner.

I weighed my options and decided to join the ILs. It's been a while since MIL last invited us and I did miss her cooking somewhat.

On our way home, I asked Wei what he thought of the year - what his achievements were.

He jokingly said he managed to get me pregnant.

This year undoubtedly flew by in a blink of an eye.

We were lucky to make 2 beautiful trips to Tokyo & London.

I managed to take my interest in tennis as far as I could go before Bud decided I was too heavy to run for the balls. I know Wei misses me on the courts.

We got to embrace some friends to dropped by our sunny island for a visit. We also said goodbye to a couple of people:

Roz, whom I lunched regularly with to share office goss and talked about life in general, moved thousands of miles away. Facebook and emails can never bring back the sessions we used to have. I could tap into her experience of being pregnant and birthing..but mostly I miss my friend.

Linsey, also another regular lunch date, decided to say good-bye to the corporate world and challange herself as a full-time mummy. I get to catch-up with her a little more often, only when she has help from a babysitter.

The many colleagues who'd decided to part ways with the company. Some, I was glad to see go. But mostly, leaders and counterparts - whom I never really gotten a chance to know but I am certain would make great people/friends - leave in groups. The departures had a sleeper effect; I would never have guessed that I was depressed by the situation.

To the dearly departed: MJ, FF, JH, Marcus, A Chin...you will be missed; I'm sorry I never got to know you, Marcus.

Next year will be a challenging year for Wei & I...not only with the expectant arrival of Bud but each of us with our jobs.

It will not get easier but I pray that we will be strong enough to sail through....

Only with Wei by my side every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails