Thursday, March 18, 2010

Quiet Not By Choice

I had a lunch date with a friend and asked Wei to come along as a buffer, in case the conversation got to no where and Wei could inject some life into it.

But he was quiet throughout lunch. I cast his several looks to signal, "Feel free to jump into the conversation anytime now" but Wei continued eating.

I know my lunch date was not Wei's fave person to hang out with but he's never kept this quiet before. Maybe he's got stuff on his mind, I thought.

I took the opportunity to ask him later.

"I couldn't hear," came the reply.

The guy was sitting on side of his bad ear.

I was overcome with extreme sadness.

But hey, even I had problems hearing the dude in the echo-y eatery with 2 good ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails