Thursday, March 18, 2010

Break From Work for 16 Weeks

I can't believe that I am actually on official maternity leave now. Seems pretty surreal.

This vaguely reminds me of the time I took a break from the work force for 5-6 months....only difference is this is all me now and Bud....both of us just waiting for the other to be ready.

I had originally wanted to work till the very last minute and this was the same reply I gave to well-wishes. The reactions were mixed from incredulous belief and apprehension that there will be drama in the office to gentle encouragement to re-think my decision. I just wanted to save the leave for the time when Bud arrives for the extra opportunity to nurse and spend time with him - such a waste to spend it on waiting around prior to the event.



The seed of thought was planted by Wei last week on our way for my regular check-up: that I may not be getting much rest when Bud arrives so I should take time off now. Then Deb, the mid-wife, added that I don't want to go into labour tired with work on my mind.

Work was exactly bugging me then. Having realised that I'd gone through all the pre-natal classes was to have a great birth experience, the only way I could clear my mind and focus on the task at hand was to take the break from work.

Need to pack for my new home, tie up some loose ends for my overnighter, do some reading, chill......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails